Promoting Patient Safety Infographic.
We all know that when it comes to Health Care, Patient Safety is #1. Each time a patient is connected to a medical device or medical equipment, there is risk of patient injury. Each time a staff member touches a medical devices or medical equipment, they too are at risk for injury.
Patient Safety risks aren’t so evident. What may seem like a small flaw such as little dirt on a medical device may ultimately lead to something that can harm a patient.
Did you know that 50 people die every hour in medical facilities due to a preventable medical error?
How can your Healthcare facility prevent such an issue?
What can you do to help promote patient safety at your facility or practice?
Below in the Promoting Patient Safety Infographic, we explain the steps that should be taken in order to keep the medical devices in your facility safe for patient use. These steps can help prevent patient injury risks at your facility.
Prior to using a device on a patient, there are several things you should be on the lookout for:
1) ENSURE THAT THE DEVICE IS CLEAN AND DECONTAMINATED.
2) NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO CASE, DISPLAY, MOUNTS, CART, OR COMPONENTS.
3) SWITCHES AND CONTROLS ARE OPERABLE AND CORRECTLY ALIGNED.
4) LABELS AND WARNINGS ARE PRESENT AND LEGIBLE.
5) BIOMED SAFETY INSPECTION STICKER IS NOT EXPIRED OR MISSING.
6) INLETS AND HOSES HAVE NO CRACKS, RIPS, OR TEARS.
7) POWER CORD, ACCESSORY CABLES AND CHARGERS ARE NOT DAMAGED, RUSTY, OR WET.
8) FILTERS AND VENTS ARE CLEAN AND UNOBSTRUCTED.
Please download this printable infographic that we at Healthcare Engineering have compiled together, print it out and hang it up for your Healthcare facility’s staff as a guide to practicing and promoting patient safety.
Promoting Patient Safety Infographic
For the Promoting Patient Safety Infographic or any other Patient Safety or Biomed Service matter, please contact us today at 718-414-5555.
Health Eng – Ensuring Patient Safety.